COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data means information provided by you to SBS which is capable of identifying you, directly or indirectly, and include but are not limited to your name, NRIC or passport number, age, gender, nationality, address, contact details (such as telephone numbers and email addresses), marital status and family members’ details and your photographs or images.
Personal data includes sensitive personal information such as physical or mental health condition, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, commission of offences or other types of sensitive personal data as the relevant Minister may prescribe. Personal data also includes expression of opinion.
Your personal data is collected from information provided by you to SBS through various means including but not limited to application forms, questionnaire, survey forms, online application and website. Your personal data may also be collected from a variety of sources including but not limited to any events, campaigns, trips or activities organized or sponsored solely by SBS or in collaboration with others.
Unless required by law or by any relevant authority, the provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, without the personal data, SBS may not be able to fulfil or comply with your request or application or include you in the projects or activities organized or sponsored by SBS.
PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
SBS processes and uses the personal data collected from you for any one or more of the following purposes:
• processing your requests, enquiries or applications;
• communicating with, notifying or updating you on the activities of SBS;
• compliance with any obligations under the law; and
• for any other relevant purposes directly related to the activities or operations of SBS.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties that are related to SBS activities:
• regulatory and government authorities;
• any professional advisors including external auditors, accountants and professional service providers appointed in relation to the activities of SBS;
• third party service and product providers including information technology service provider, data entry service provider and storage facility provider;
• insurance brokers and companies; and
• other Buddhist societies or organisations.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You may access and/or change your personal data by submitting your request in writing to SBS.
If you do not wish to receive news or updates from us or would like us to cease processing your personal data in a specified manner, you may also submit a written request to SBS of your intention.
If you wish to make any such request or if you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please contact:
SBS Development Manager (Public Relations)
Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary
c/o 28&29, Jalan Medan Taiping 4,
In your request, please include your full name, address, identification number, telephone numbers, email address and other information in such format as we may require to identify you.
Please update SBS on any changes to your personal data.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be modified, updated or amended from time to time. SBS will place any such revised or updated Privacy Notice on its website.